Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London

Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1)

Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) - Abbi Glines I don't want to write this review. It has to do with the fact that I have always enjoyed Abbi Glines' books. Even if I they are all very similar they have the entertaining factor that keeps me reading them.I had so many expectations for it, the premise sounded wonderful, the cover is gorgeous. Unfortunately, to me, it just didn't deliver.Why?The love between Blaire and Rush was...rushed (pun intended). It was shallow, too intense, too soon without any plausible explanation other that "omigod he's so hot I want him".I didn't love Rush. He reminded me of every other male character in her books (apart from Marcus). Poor playboy with tortured soul trying to stay away from beautiful, virginal Blaire, except not. For how much he claimed he tried to stay away from her, he kept leading her on all the time, acting all possessive and confusing her and it annoyed me to no end.Another thing, Blaire witnessing Rush having sex, not once, but twice...it's a romance killer. I wish authors didn't do this. Yes, he can have sex with other girls. No, she doesn't have to see it.The author spends a lot of time convincing us that the heroine is strong, smart, resourceful. I loved her. Up until she turned into a shallow, weak, lovesick puppy and fell under Rush's spell (not really a spell, he's as transparent as a window). Though she does end up being the strong character she was in the end.It is so slow that nothing except sex and her working happens for the majority of the book. The last (maybe) 20% was of faster pace when everything blows up but it wasn't enough to save the book for me.The conflict? So easily avoided if the hero wasn't a selfish jerk. She is right, everything they had (as blown out of proportion as it may have been) was a big, fat lie. I can't love a hero like that.Now, let's make it clear that I'm not saying the book is bad. I loved the way it was written and I kind of loved Blaire. I did read the whole book, after all. It just didn't cater to my personal tastes. I do recommend everyone read it, though. I just had to get this review off my chest.