Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London

Falling Away: 2 (A Falling Novel)

Falling Away - Devon Ashley This book was so much better than the first and seeing as I loved that one, it's not a light statement. I devoured it in hours which isn't an easy task because it's on the long(ish) side.Yes, those who've complained about sexual content will complain again. The first book was more about sexual awakening and teenage hormones, this one is not far from that seeing as sex still plays a good part of it, but I thought it had much more substance. On the plus side, the characters are older in this one.It's hard to talk about it without spoiling anything, and I know how those spoiler tags are irresistible. I don't want to ruin it because it really is uncertain until the very end who she ends up with.Jenna is a bit more mature, sure of herself. I loved that she really did mature in this book and I liked her with Robert. The way she just picked herself up after everything went down, that was pretty awesome. I think Robert was very unfair towards her, but she never lets it really break her.But Robert... I don't know. Robert, I really liked you in the first book. I just didn't have the heart to root against you because you're a nice guy. The way you acted here was just - NOT you. You are not that hotheaded, you are patient and sweet and kind. WHY break my heart like that? I was ready to accept you as endgame before that despite thinking Evan was the right-er (more right) choice.And Evan. I loved that we got to know him a lot better in this book. The blurb makes it pretty obvious that he remembered everything (so it's not a spoiler if I say it) which I was so happy about because it's something I wished happened in the first book despite my obvious affection for Robert. They just have this connection on a higher level and they are so right for each other.And they were. Their chemistry is just as amazing as it was in the first book. I loved their relationship, and the way he was so... patiently determined when it came to Jenna."There's no triangle... Just two dots and a line."In the end, I think she made the right choice and it all worked out for the best. Just like in the first book, I would have been happy either way (which really is a first for me), but I would have been happier with one more than the other.As before, I liked the way it was written, Devon Ashley delivers a few funny moments, as well as a tear-jerker scene because how can you not cry during that scene? Don't get me wrong, this is a pretty light read, but it had its heavier moments, too.It was great seeing where Sophie and Jhett are and I was so happy for the two of them.Mildly graphic sex scenes, yep. It was more sex talk again, so if you're uncomfortable with that, there you have it.Overall, a great sequel. I wasn't left unsatisfied in the end and I grudgingly admit that it was worth the wait. If you liked the first book, you'll definitely like this one. You get to see Jenna with the other guy, but the options are still kept open until the end. I loved it and recommend the series.