Bookzilla

Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London

Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend

Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend - Cassie Mae,  Becca Ann Awwwwww.I have a stupid grin on my face right now, because I so needed to read something like this today. It was really really cute and sweet, and just the perfect amount of mush mush, but it's mush mush that doesn't make you gag.First I have to say that I loved the way this was written. It was funny, and real and not once was I bored. Seriously, the story flows so naturally, it was a joy to read. The characters are realistic, and there's crazy chemistry between Brody and Hayley.For those wondering, there are no sex scenes in this, just some fade-to-black, which I thought suited the story.Hayley is amazing, with a wicked sense of humor, smart and charming. I'm glad we're not in her head, though (it's an all male POV) because I think with her self-image issues it would have been exhausting. But that's realistic, I think every girl, no matter how thin, thinks she's fat when she starts comparing herself with other girls. I absolutely hated her mother. I mean, who does that? It's no wonder she was so screwed up.Brody *sighs*. Brody is such a guy. I have to say I'm impressed with the way Becca Ann deals with all male POV. At times he does get too sappy, but he's keeping it simple at the same time. It's definitely not deep analyzing of every single thing, like girls do, which I think feels authentic. I loved that when he realizes he wants Hayley, he just goes for it, there's no calculation, no over-thinking, nothing. I loved the effect he had on her.And if everything he did was perfect, it wouldn't have been realistic. The thing with Quynn, his parents...yeah. That was so typical.I don't know what else to say, really. I needed to read something like this after some of the heavier stuff I've read lately, this was just perfect. If you need something light but engaging, where you actually get to care about the characters, then I definitely recommend it. I'll sure be keeping an eye out for this author.