Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London

The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)

The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) - J.A. Redmerski WHAT? WHAT?I don't feel like my thoughts are coherent enough to even write this review but I have to talk about it somewhere!This is, hands down, one of the best books I've read this year! Not just because of how original, emotional and brilliant the story is, and not because I'm a huge sucker for road-trip/traveling stories, but it's written in exactly the way I like it and I am just blown away by it.Actually, I'm writing this on zero sleep because I got the "one more chapter" disease reading it - I really just wanted to read the first chapter while getting ready to go to bed to see if I'd like it...and see how that turned out!Andrew is the perfect hero! I have never said this before, and probably never will again, but yeah, he really was perfect. He is a genuinely nice guy with just the right amount of cockiness, but there are just so many more layers than that to his character. You seriously can't help but fall in love with him and everything about him!I loved Cam, too. She is strong but fragile at the same time, and honestly, I admired her bravery to just get away from everything and leave. I love it that she breaks all her rules and doesn't fight herself breaking them.And I loved their banter and camaraderie, the way they were teasing each other (the pool playing scene? brilliant.) the chemistry between Cam and Andrew was just...perfect. Somehow their relationship progressed in very realistic way and I really really liked that.So many feelings about this.You don't see the twist coming at all, at least not one like that. I mean, I guessed there was something going on, but it kind of all comes crashing down when you least expect it with a BAM! and it's a lot to take in.The last two chapters made me gasp and cry in turns.At one point I started toying with the idea that there is some secret authors' agenda to stop giving their characters a HEA since I've read so many books with sad endings lately.No, I actually have to say it: when I read the end of that letter I was sobbing so hard it was hard for me to breathe. Then the last chapter starts and it's so melancholic and then...then I started crying even harder because yeah, b l o w n a w a y...happy tears, though.I mean, just wow. The pacing of this is perfect, the switching of POV was unexpected but welcomed - I was concerned about this in the beginning, but really, the author handles it perfectly, she gives these two characters two completely different voices! Oh and yeah, some of the best sex scenes I've read in a while.I haven't read anything by J.A. Redmerski before but I will definitely try to, now that I've seen what she can do!