Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London

The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)

The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) - Samantha Towle I can actually understand why people are smitten with this book.And I really, really wanted to like it. I tried so hard.First of all, it goes on...and on...and on. I can think of at least three places where it should have ended. During the Paris afterparty scene somewhere in the middle I was just about yawning with boredom.Also, it has what I like to call the Twilight (or 50SoG) formula. Complete with a Jake POV chapter at the end. I'm guessing this is popular now, but really, why retell the same story from another POV? Why not just switch between POVs during the book?The story was OK. The characters were OK (but I have to say that I really liked the supporting characters, especially Will). And sadly, the whole thing was that - just OK.That being said, I can't get over one thing and it's a deal breaker for me. Tru cheating on Will completely took away from the story for me. It also took at least half a star from this review, because maybe if I liked the heroine more, I would have liked the book more, too.The way she does it is vile. Two years of a stable relationship that she seems perfectly happy in at the beginning, thrown away with such recklessness and a "happy birthday".For starters, I feel like her relationship with Will was completely unnecessary, at least at the time that stuff starts happening between Jake and Tru.Actually, maybe I would be able to get over the cheating if it weren't for the way she handles the aftermath. The whole hiding away thing, and lying to Will, stringing him along when he comes to Paris, having sex with Jake with Will just outside the door, I felt for him so bad.That is not a likeable heroine to me.And then, she has the nerve to call Jake out on his supposedly cheating on her. I actually snorted during this part. Why yes, Tru, you are a hypocrite.Anyways, I just feel like it should have been handled differently, seeing as it did nothing for the story really, quite contrary.I really wish I liked this more, but there are better love stories out there.