Bookzilla

Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London

Graffiti Moon

Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley I started this a couple of times, but every time something distracts me. It's no secret that I love Aussie lit, so I always meant to come back to it, and this time I was determined to finish it.And I am so glad I did.Every now and then you read a book that makes you want to not read other books so it stays as long as possible with you. This is that kind of book. Because it's the best thing ever. It's like rainbows in words. Things that make you happy just because they exist. This is it.I loved all the characters and their little stories and how they unfolded, but I have to say that I liked Ed a bit more than Lucy. Lucy's a great girl, smart, an artist, just a tiny bit starry-eyed. But Ed is such a complex character that you can't help but fall in love a little with him. I loved their back story. I loved the dynamic between the boys and between the girls, and between the boys and girls. And I loved their friendships. I loved the way Lucy and Ed are wary around each other but eventually just let go of that. I loved...Actually, it's easier to tell you what I didn't like about this whole book - NOTHING. I wouldn't change a thing, and it was such a satisfying read, with perfect pace and unforgettable characters. I could go on and on about the story and how much I liked it, but I don't want to - just read it!So, about those rainbows? I rarely ever do this, but:We'll meet and click and sit up all night and everything will tip out of me and into him and the other way around and while we're tipping the night will fade and the world will get pink and in that pinkness he'll kiss me.I'm sorry, but if this isn't the prettiest piece of writing I have ever read, I don't know what is.But, there's more!I told her yeah, but there was no skin on my voice and she heard the bones in my words like I did.And even more!I want to run right into Shadow and let the force spill our thoughts so we can pick each other up and pass each other back like piles of shiny stones.I don't know. I don't have words. It's one of the best books I have ever read, and I'm really sad it was so short! This, combined with my love for graffiti (I was once madly in like with a graffiti artist - I was over it pretty soon, but the love for street art remained) makes this an instant favorite with me.