Bookzilla

Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London

Eversea: A Love Story

Eversea - Natasha Boyd I loved this book. I love my celebrity books so when I saw it was up for review, I jumped at the chance.I loved Jack Eversea! His character was a perfect mixture of "arrogant celebrity" and "they're just normal people". I really felt for him because you can see how hard the whole thing is on him - he's actually hating himself for being a cliche celebrity.Keri Ann was a great heroine, too - because while she was being fangirly about Jack Eversea (yes, I can't just say Jack) she saw how annoyingly fangirly she was actually being and she made fun of herself for that many times.She was also a virginal heroine. Did not like this one bit. But okay.Sadly, it was insta-love. I really thought the book would go a different way because all the signs were there, however - five days after they meet, they're in love, and they didn't even spend that much time together. Feelings are pretty intense, they have never felt like that before, etc, etc.I wish the author was patient about it! It's only a matter of prolonging it a week or two and I would have believed it. This way...nuh.But as usually, you just have to ignore these things in books.Jack Eversea and Keri Ann had great chemistry and I loved every second they spent together. He teases her, she teases him, it's an all around great friendship that makes you go aaaaaaw.The writing is great! I mean, really engaging, and funny. A few cliches here and there but overall very tight and I loved it. The side characters were awesome, I think Joey and Jazz were my favorite and I loved them.I didn't like the conflict because that whole Audrey thing was just so unclear to me. What was the deal between her and Jack Eversea? I wasn't sure, he made it sound like one thing, then another, then back to the first. It kind of made me dislike him.There is a graphic sex scene in this book :). It was well written, and wasn't overly graphic, and I thought it suited the story.Okay, so, you know that feeling of DREAD when you're 95% into the story and it isn't coming to a close? I felt that with Eversea.There is a big, fat cliffhanger in the end. The book doesn't end, it's more like an end of a chapter. I was violently hitting the next button hoping it doesn't work and is skipping something and that's why I can't read the next chapter. But that delusional thought fell apart when I saw acknowledgements.So be prepared for another one of those books that leave you hanging. What kills me is that it's a damn good cliffhanger and now I want to know what happened! I'm scared by the time the next book is out (which I have no idea when), I won't care :(.I actually didn't want to write a review straight after I finished the book because I was really, really pissed and I didn't want to snub the book because of that. I just can't ignore it, though - it doesn't say anywhere this is a series! Not in the beginning of the book, not here on Goodreads. I wish authors told you this so you didn't go in blind thinking you're reading a standalone.Overall, I loved Eversea and recommend it. The characters are honest, the story was engaging, and I devoured it in a matter of hours. Now I wait. Patiently. Hopefully.*** ARC of this book received from the author in exchange for an honest review.