Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London
Ask Me to Stay - Elise K. Ackers It pains me to rate this book (?) 3 stars, because I have previously enjoyed both books Elise Ackers wrote. And though my rating may not tell you this, I actually absolutely loved this little book.However, I'm not sure if it's meant to be a novella (130 pages, something around 1700+ of those Kindle locations - which is just not a book to me), or a book (because it says A Homeland Book on the front.)Basically, it was neither here, nor there, and for that it suffered in content (though not at all in quality of writing).What I loved about it is the characters and this feeling of community Elise Ackers can create. I just love her writing. A lot of backstory, Ethan and Sammy were amazing characters, Dean stole every scene he was in, and the kids were just wonderful.However - the switch between two scenes or a change of POV were so abrupt. You're literally in the middle of a scene and then cut - it's tomorrow. How much time passed between the beginning of the book and the end, I wouldn't be able to tell you.Despite this, you get these glimpses into Ethan's life, his relationship with Sammy and ultimately the past that made him go away.And speaking of that ending, it was just as abrupt and rushed. Such a shame, really, I would have loved to read this book if it weren't half written.As with all Elise K. Ackers books so far, it was a clean read.Will I read the next book in the series? It's Cal's story (I felt for him so much in this book). I'll definitely read it. I just hope it won't be as short as this one was :(.*** Free copy of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.