Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London
Her Game, His Rules - Piper Shelly When Piper Shelly told me this book is looooong, after I complained that [b:Play With Me|16299153|Play With Me (A 30,000 words novella)|Piper Shelly|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1355041582s/16299153.jpg|22427513] was just too short, I didn't quite believe it was that long.Well, it is looooong, but I promise that you will enjoy every second of it.I'm very picky with my paranormal so I fully expected not to like it (even if I was hooked with the sample), but I absolutely loved it. Piper Shelly wrote an amazing book, unlike any I've read.I loved Jona, btw. She's a broken girl, her inability to hold on to people, to trust that they would stay in her life was completely believable.I completely understood her resentment towards her mother, I'd probably be the same.And she doesn't lose a sense of who she is once throughout the book. She's actually pretty soft with a tough act, which you can see in the way she interacts with Quinn, her aunt and uncle, Valentine. I loved her platonic friendship with Quinn, it's so rare in romance novels that there's a friend who *gasp* isn't in love with the heroine.Julian was just wonderful. I can't really think of much to say about him, without risking spoiling anything. Let's just say that I fell in love with him, and you will, too.If I weren't out of my mind at this second, I would've sworn he nuzzled my temple.There is no insta-love, nor is Jona drawn to Julian because of what he is. She just fell in love, and that's what I liked the most about it. There was no ohmigod-he's-special. Piper Shelly does a very good job of telling you what's going on, without Jona realizing it. More than once...more than a hundred times throughout the book I just couldn't think of a way for things to work out and I was dreading the ending. I put all my trust in the author not to let me down.Now, it was wonderfully written. Perfect, beautiful prose. I caught a couple of typos but that's okay, there weren't that many and besides, the story is so captivating you wouldn't notice them if you weren't looking for them. The chemistry between Julian and Jona is actually palpable, seeping from the pages. These two form a very easy, comfortable friendship that turns out to be so much more.And there's the catch...it's edgy-without-sex, in words of my friend here on Goodreads. There are no sex scenes in this, people.And for something so looooong, the pace was absolutely perfect. I found myself reading it faster than I did some shorter books I've read. This seems to be this author's forte, I think. Well, apart from awesome storytelling. Both her books have perfect pace.And you get this looooong book for only $2.99. Not only is it worth the money, it is absolutely worth it. I'd recommend it a million times over. And I can't wait to see what this author comes up with next. Me = definitely a fan!Things I don't agree with: the cover and the title. Everything else about this book was perfect.