Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London
The Understorey (The Leaving Series, #1) - Fisher Amelie I don't even know why I picked this up? I was in the mood for some paranormal, and although it wasn't exactly that, it was still amazing. WHAT DID I JUST READ? Brilliant. I can't really form thoughts that make much sense right now.I loved Elliott so much! I loved the fact that most of the book is from his POV, too, because I can tell Fisher enjoyed writing his character, and I always appreciate when writers love writing their male characters. And Julia. I actually have a girl-crush on her.Their relationship was so sweet and wonderful and GAH. I can't even begin to explain how much I liked this.Jesse. WHAT A CREEP. One of the creepiest villains. He did remind me of a version of John from [b:Callum & Harper|13122965|Callum & Harper (Sleepless, #1)|Fisher Amelie|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1322521960s/13122965.jpg|18298587], though. STILL, CREEPY! You can sense his vile intentions from the very beginning and the way he manipulated everyone, and then the whole thing at the end.I don't remember if I already boasted about Fisher Amelie's prose? I don't think so. Well, it is perfect. It sucks you right in, keeps you engaged and entertained, and feeling and seeing without being told what to feel or see. Such talent. It is also very different from [b:Callum & Harper|13122965|Callum & Harper (Sleepless, #1)|Fisher Amelie|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1322521960s/13122965.jpg|18298587], which kind of caught me off guard - most times I can detect the writer's voice in their writing, but this just adds to her amazing skills.This is not a paranormal novel, exactly, at least not in the way you're used to. There are no vampires, mermaids, angels, shapeshifters, etc. It's a beautiful story about soul mates and the power of love, and how magical the whole thing can be, with just a touch of thrill. I'm looking forward to the sequel, whenever it happens.