Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London
Brady Remington Landed Me in Jail - Tijan,  Sarah C. R. Okay, well. I'll just be honest, this book is a mindfuck.It has so much drama it's impossible not to like it, at least in a guilty pleasure kind of way. It's like watching some Argentinian telenovela where you have NO idea what is going on and everything is revealed in the very last episode and then you're just sitting there, mouth wide open, wondering "wtf?". And we all know that people just pretend not to like telenovelas.Of course, I had my theories. I was wrong.Ray is a social outcast, she basically has no friends apart from Brady. It's a great friendship, and all, but why let it get so out of control with someone like that? She's not sure where they stand after that, and I had some serious doubts because he's portrayed like a the biggest bad boy player. I'm not sure that was smart. Of course it all worked out for the best but I'm just sayin'...don't try this at home.And Brady...that was evil and mean what he did after she bailed him out. Staking his claim like that, gross. And he needs some serious anger management therapy. I liked Kid more, but hey, that's just me. I did warm up to Brady in the end, and this seems to be a pattern with Tijan and me. Of course the love story is sweet, these two have a real connection and it's not that love-at-first-sight crap. I didn't like how the pregnancy became a central issue for a while there. That's just a pet peeve of mine, though. I was afraid the whole book will revolve around it and super relieved when it was all over.I'd say I liked Tijan's [b:Fallen crest high|16134551|Fallen crest high|Ti Jan|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1352512968s/16134551.jpg|21961950] more because it was more thought-out and not as confusing (I can't believe I'm saying this, because that was confusing at times). Obviously the author evolved.I did have trouble picking up thread here as well, mostly because sometimes there was a lot of dialogue (which also seemed forced, at times) and little narrative - I felt like the characters are on the inside and they knew what they are talking about but I had no idea what and why they are saying, who is the speaker and how they are saying it. One - I needed more backstory. And two - I needed more action and description between all that dialogue.Unlike [b:Fallen crest high|16134551|Fallen crest high|Ti Jan|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1352512968s/16134551.jpg|21961950], this doesn't have any graphic sex scenes - it's a fade to black thing, so those who don't like them, you're safe. Sex is not ignored, though, but it's also not over the top like in the other book.I'm still deciding on how to rate it. I want to give it 3.5 because I did like it more than just liking it. It was an enjoyable read, despite all the drama.People should read it, I'm pretty sure that soon this author will be all-the-rage :). For $0.99 it's definitely worth it.