Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London
I Love You to Death - Natalie Ward I really wish this book had better editing. It was pretty much the only thing that bothered me about it.The dialogue felt so awkward, it lacked proper punctuation. I have a thing for good dialogue, and it can ruin a book for me. Luckily, I loved the story......Even if at times it was verging on something paranormal. People don't just drop dead around you at different times like that. They all seemed like such freak accidents, I'd be paranoid I was causing them, too! I half expected grim-reaper to jump out and go all "HA! The joke's on you, Ash!".Being in Asha's head was exhausting, so, so depressing. Especially in the beginning. You go through it along with her, feeling better as the story progresses. Kudos to Natalie Ward for this, I felt everything. Her alcohol abuse and falling deeper and deeper over her loss was very realistic.What really made the book for me was Luke and the portrayal of falling in love with him. What a wonderful, realistic character. And the way falling in love just sort of crept up on her, that felt very believable. It also didn't all happen within two weeks, and that's what I liked the most about it. The author actually took the time to make these two come together. I loved their relationship, too.I didn't like Sam, and I don't know why.Overall, this was a heartbreaking story. I mean, tragedy after tragedy, that's hard to get over. I even teared up a couple of times. It starts out a bit slow, but it picks up the pace later on. The second half of the book is much better than the first. Don't give up on it right away.Again, I just wish it had better editing.