Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London
Ten Days of Perfect - Andrea Randall I got this for free in the Kindle store a while ago, but I only just got to it.First I want to say I really liked the way this was written. Every sentence is perfect and together they make up a little masterpiece. The chemistry between characters is great, Bo and Ember, Monica and Ember, Josh and Monica...you can really feel it.This book is also a pleaser: explosive love at first sight, awesome musical references, a little bit of drama, a little bit of suspense, a little bit of a love triangle, not one, but two romantic heroes that are extremely likable, a strong female character, etc.Now, I'm not a fan of love at first sight, but the chemistry was there, and if the book was "two months (at least) of perfect" instead of ten days, I would have absolutely loved it. This way, I just love it. I mean, it's just not realistic to love someone after three days of knowing them.Reading the reviews I have a feeling a lot of readers didn't like Ember - I hate books with unlikable main characters and I was dreading reading this because I thought I wouldn't like her either. But in the end, I loved her and she was great despite being a bit contradictory to herself, she is a strong, independent woman who knows what she wants and acts on it rather than just do the whole wishful thinking thing. I loved her relationship with Monica, I wish I had a friend like that. And letting her brain instead of her heart make the decision in the end was really in character.Honestly, I thought Bo's secret would be something more sinister? It felt kind of anti-climatic - it doesn't even have to do with him. It just felt like not-much-of-a-conflict.Speaking of Bo, I did love him, but he is so intense it's a bit overwhelming.As for Adrian, I wanted to hate him, but really, we aren't given much? He seems a good guy, and it's hard to hate someone for just being one of the corners in a love triangle. We aren't given much to fall in love with him, either, but he is decent and likable. You can tell that he genuinely cares for Ember.The book is kind of slow (I know, craziness considering it all happens in ten days), especially in the middle, but the pace of the last few chapters was perfect, so much better than the rest of the book. The sex scenes were beautiful, it was like reading poetry. Not graphic, but still descriptive.I see there's a sequel, but with an ending like that there has to be - it wasn't really an ending, more like an end of a chapter. I'm looking forward to reading it.