Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London
If I Can't Have You - Lauren Hammond The blurb had me all excited, I love a good love triangle. Unfortunately, I didn't like it as much as I hoped I would.There is so much unnecessary drama in this I can't even begin to explain.Robin is a real drama queen. Her lack of self confidence was annoying as hell. She constantly puts herself down how she's just plain and average but for some reason two guys are fighting over her and it baffles her. There is no real development to her character. The way she goes on and on how Drake hurt her and now she's afraid to let Elliott in made me roll my eyes. Dramatic, much? The guy kissed her twice. She was very immature for an 18 year old girl, and she contradicts herself a lot. Needless to say, I didn't like her one bit. She loves Drake, then she loves Elliott, all of it in space of two weeks. Just. No.Drake was...well, I honestly thought he was such a shallow character the book would have been better if he wasn't in it at all. We don't get to know him, learn anything about him, and he doesn't contribute anything significant to the story, except for being a device for Elliott and Robin to have their fight over. He acts like he couldn't care less about Robin and all of a sudden he's admitting to all these feelings and it was just so random and I couldn't care less about because I disliked his character by this point. The author goes out of her way to make you dislike him from early on portraying him as a douche bag player without a single redeeming quality.And then Elliott. He sees her once and he's madly in love with her and wants to marry her? Again, no. Other than this I liked his personality and character which is why I'm being generous rating-wise. He was a good character.Another reason I'm giving this more than one star is the ending. She ends up with the good brother and I couldn't help but smile at that. I love a HEA as much as the next person.If you are looking for a quick, light read with a lot of teenage (unrealistic, though) drama, read this. The premise is good, but to me, the book just didn't deliver.