Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London
Naturally, Charlie - S.L. Scott So, the other day I was thinking, wouldn't it be fun if two Charlies met and fell in love? There must be a book out there about this, and I really feel like reading it.A simple Google search and a NetGalley request later, I had Naturally, Charlie in my hands (or, more accurately, on my e-reader).I really really liked this story. I read it in one sitting. The writing is very elegant and keeps you engaged the whole time. The dialogue is smart and funny, and I loved both characters.At first, I was a bit worried about the story being from both their point of views. When I read stories like these, especially if it's 1st person perspective - I expect to be able to see that these are different characters, different personalities, and having never read anything by this author I didn't know if they could pull it off.But I wasn't disappointed, both Charlies are delightful characters.She is an interesting girl. Jim sure did a number on her, but she is much stronger than she gives herself credit. At times she annoyed the hell out of me with her insecurities, but I knew that in the end she would have to deal with all those issues herself.He is just the right amount of cocky, but also has a sensitive side. His voice is very peculiar and it really suits his character, he is a writer and you can tell that he has a way with words. It's obvious that the author enjoyed writing him, which I always appreciate.While I thought the romance was really sweet, I much preferred the friendship aspect of their relationship because it felt more realistic, although I thought it was based on false pretenses, both of them really wanted to be more than friends from the very beginning - and then they sort of settled for friendship.On a side note, I really loved the whole fate/destiny discussion. I couldn't agree more with Charlie about it.Overall, this did not disappoint. That not-quite-sex scene was almost like poetry, it was so beautiful. The pace is good and you never get bored. I would definitely recommend this love story to all romance readers.**Free copy of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley.