Bookzilla

The Liberator
Victoria Scott
Abby Road
Ophelia London
Tear - Rachel Van Dyken I really really liked it! I mean, once it got serious, at first I thought it was just the same as all mindless YA without much substance out there. But things got sort of heavy somewhere in the middle, and I have to say I was surprised.I can't even lie, I liked both brothers. Ok, I'm lying. I actually liked Demetri more even if I hated his name. He had so much potential and I liked him with Nat.I liked Alec, too, but not as much on his own as I liked him with Nat.I was heartbroken at their story and the issues the brothers were struggling through. I figured it had to be something like that, but I didn't guess exactly what it was. Stupid kids, so much heartbreak.I'm sad we didn't get to see more of Evan and Alesha, and I hope they're still present in the second book.What surprised me the most is the writing! It was really really good, straight-to-the-point, simple but engaging. I wasn't familiar with this author and now I kind of want to read all her contemporaries even though I have no idea if she wrote any! Because I like her writing style. It's hard enough creating chemistry between two characters, but she did even better than that. The chemistry between Nat and Demetri was equally good as that between Nat and Alec.So yeah, looking forward to the second book. I also hope it's all written from Demetri's POV, like in the teaser thingie. I may just have to start reading historical romance because of this author.